Milton Fire Department News Search

Posted Wednesday, January 02, 2019

The Milton Fire Department recently welcomed five new full-time firefighters, approved last year as part of Milton's 2018 Budget. The new crew will initially be stationed at Fire Station No. 4 and move to Fire Station No. 1 when construction is completed in 2019. The additional full-time crew will provide an enhanced level of service to the community, especially during the peak hours of 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. when the Milton Fire Department receives upwards of 65 per cent of its calls for service. &...

Posted Tuesday, December 11, 2018

With the holiday season upon us, we are entering one of the most festive times of the year. But it can also be a deadly time of the year. The Milton Fire Department is urging everyone to pay special attention when cooking during the holidays. Provincial statistics reveal that careless cooking is the number one cause of fires and the second leading cause of fatal fires. “The holidays are a time for celebration with family and friends. Unfortunately, they are also a time when the number of...

Posted Thursday, November 01, 2018

Beat the Silent Killer: Prevent CO in Your Home Ontario’s Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week runs from November 1-7, and the Milton Fire Department reminds you to prevent carbon monoxide (CO) in your home by getting all fuel-burning appliances inspected by a registered contractor annually. “In Ontario, more than 65% of injuries and deaths from carbon monoxide occur in the home. In the last 5 years the Milton Fire Department has responded to 182 emergency incident calls where concerning...

Posted Friday, October 05, 2018

Fire Prevention WeekHome fires today can burn faster than ever. Occupants may have as little as one to two minutes to escape safely from the time the smoke alarm sounds. Knowing how to use that time wisely takes planning and practice. The Milton Fire Department is teaming up with the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) to promote this year's Fire Prevention Week campaign: Look. Listen. Learn. Be aware. Fire can happen anywhere. The campaign works to educate the public about basic but essential ways to quic...

Posted Friday, June 08, 2018

Fire Prevention Inspector Installing Smoke AlarmNews Release- The Milton Fire Department charged homeowners in two separate incidents this past fall with fire code violations related to smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) alarms, which resulted in the homeowners recently pleading guilty in court and receiving a combined total of $3,000 in fines. In the first incident, Milton Fire Department responded to a significant house fire, resulting from an overheated dishwasher, which caused $50,000 in damages. Luckily, the tenants, a family with three ch...